CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 8, 2007

Something I read...

Wow I just read Knitman blog and his last post made me so sad. Why do people think that Christians hate everyone that isn't just like them? I know through the years a lot of things have been done in the name of God that aren't good and are just plain evil. The thing is if you live the way God wants us to and model ourselves after Jesus then we become love. God is love. Pure and simple. That is who he is. Human beings are the ones who do things that are evil. We fall short of the way we are suppose to be and some even go far beyond what God's plan is for them. Some kill, hurt, and destroy and say they are doing it because God told them to. Those are only a few though and they seem to be the only ones that get the attention. The good stuff never gets put out in front only the bad. The media doesn't tell the stories of good that Christians all over are doing. They only tell about how this person who claimed to be a Christian killed a black guy. They only show on TV shows the Christians who are crazies and weirdos. People I wouldn't even want to hang out with cause they are over the top and totally not what God is. It is very sad and I know it saddens God all the hurt that is in this world. That is why Jesus died for us so that we can have hope and peace and spread hope and peace and joy and love to others. This world is the pits and the things people do and say are the pits but there is Jesus and what he says is truth. If you read the Bible, I mean truly read it, you would see it.

1 comments:

Laura said...

Wow. I went to the blog. That was...angry. Some years ago, my sister went off on a rant at me saying that I had gone from being one of the most open-minded people she knew to one of the most closed-minded people she knew. I couldn't help but wonder at the close-mindedness of so many in the world toward truly knowing Jesus. I know I was before I invited Him in. It was pretty much the last house on the block for me. I'm so glad I didn't keep my mind shut so that I could hold on to the identity I had carved out for myself. One that made me appear relevant and savvy. I don't mind these characteristics in and of themselves, but there has to be something more.