CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Knitting In Public Day

Well knitting in public day happened to be on my wedding anniversary soooo needless to say I didn't do much knitting this day. I in fact don't remember doing any at all. I did take my knitting with me so maybe that counts for something hehe. I did however buy this snazzy hot pink Ipod. I had some money saved up and they were selling them at Costco for way cheaper then I had seen anywhere else. It is a 4 gig one so plenty of room for all of my podcasts and books I listen to while I knit. I need to knit her a sock though so she doesn't get messy. But here is a picture of her in all her glory...


This morning I was getting a little knitting time in. I was knitting on my mom's sock using the magic loop method (which btw is the only way to go!! IMHO) on my size 0 (yes size 0, I knit very lose) knit picks circs, and when I went to pull the needle though the other side to start the next round the cord pulled out of the metal needle.
I think I stopped breathing... I was like oh nooooooo. Luckily I only dropped 3 stitches! They are saved on a DPN for now until Knit Picks send me the replacement.

I like Knit Picks needles and have been using them for 3 months now and this is the first time this has happened. I highly recommend them though because the joins on the cable is really nice. I ordered some of the bigger sized circs that have the detachable cords. They are such a great price. If you like metal circs then check them out.

Well since my needles broke I figured I would start on my sisters Christmas present. Can I tell you how uninspired I was about this? I looked through 3 stitch books and just didn't see anything that caught my eye so I decided to just do a garter stitch on size 13 needles. That way I can just block the shawl open and it will look lacy even though it isn't necessarily a lace stitch. Here is a picture of the beginning and the yarn here. I haven't used alpaca before but I do have an alpaca sweater and I have to say I love this yarn. Its like poodle fur it is so soft and supple.





Oh and the monkey sock well it's still coming. They sure are living up to there name and have become a literal monkey on my back. Ha! 5 more inches to go! I have made a deal with myself to start doing one lace pattern a day til they are finished. I want to get them off the needle. I really liked the first one AFTER it was bound off. But I really just hate this lace pattern hehe. Not sure why. I guess because it really doesn't make sense to me and doesn't have a rhyme or reason to it so therefore I can't memorize it. It is only 9 rows of lace but for some reason I just can't remember it. SIGH



On to something not knit related. Ok maybe somewhat knit related.... I found a blog about knitting from the Yarn Harlot I believe and the lady was talking about going no poo. I was like huh??? It is about not washing your hair anymore because shampoo has chemicals in it that do more harm to your hair then help. I read up on it and thought hmmm I wonder if it would work on my hair. I have really oily hair and it is very fine. I have a hard time with it being fluffy or anywhere near fluffy and have to be careful with the shampoos or poos that I use because they weigh it down. I tried it today and just rinsed my hair in water and a little baking soda. My scalp feels a little dirty but not like I thought it would feel and my hair feels nice and soft. No little frizzies at all. So far so good! That would be so nice not to have to shampoo everyday anymore I don't really like to wash my hair so much but I just thought that there was no other way. I found out info on just by Googling. You can Google anything now and find info on it hehe.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love your new Ipod -- my daughter got one for her b-day in green. Her first choice was the pink but they were sold out! I was thinking maybe I should get one! Hmmmm.

I know what you mean about the second sock. I am having the same problem with my seaweed sock. Maybe one repeat per evening is the way to go. Maybe we could hold each other accountable.

Like your alpaca shawl start.

Donna said...

Second socks make everyone nuts. Too bad we have two feet! Your socks are lovely and i love your Ipod. i would get one except I have two teenagers that are taking me to the poor house. Haha! no really! Like your blog.

Melinda said...

Thanks you 2... I saved up for my Ipod. Pretty much have to lol. I love it. There are so many interesting Podcasts out there about knitting. I also get books on CD from the library and load them up on there. That way I can knit and read at the same time!

How is your sock coming a long Laura? I have 2 more inches to do!!!