CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Knitting Speed

The topic of speed knitting came up on one of my email lists called Sockknitters. I thought this was an interesting topic so I will blog about it. Some of the knitters said that they don't want to speed up their knitting and can't understand why anyone would want to. Some said that they enjoy knitting for the pure enjoyment of knitting so that is why they could careless how fast they knit. Others commented that the world is a hurry up and get ur done world (southern phrase added in is mine ;)). Still others said they would love to beable to knit faster because then they could get onto the next skein of beautiful yarn.

My opinion on this is.... I would like to be able to knit faster. I don't want to be a speed demon knitter who knits more like a machine then a person, but it would be nicer to be able to knit a pair of socks in one week. The reason isn't because I want instant gratifacation. I already have that as soon as I pick up my needles and knit one stitch. It is because I have so many things moving around in my head of things that I want to knit for the people I love. I want to knit my mom a shawl that she fell in love with. I want to knit my sister a really cute summery sweater. I want to knit my nieces these super cute dolls with clothes I found a pattern for. I want to knit my hubby some socks. My youngest son wants a griphandor hat and scarf. I want to design my own sweaters. I have an idea in my head right now of the first one I will be making. This is why I want to knit faster because I want to shower my loved ones with gifts. I want to wrap them up in the love I knit into each stitch. I want to know that they are safe and warm, wraped in the things I have knit for them. It's alright though I will keep on knitting and the projects I have in my mind will wait and be checked off eventually, given away as they are finished. I will sit back and enjoy each project as they come and continue to dream about the future ones.

0 comments: