CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 29, 2007

Is it really Friday again???

I can't believe this week has gone by already. I didn't get much blogging done this week because I haven't been feeling very well. I have been so tired all week, like I haven't slept much at all every night. I have slept well every single night, even going to sleep at an early 10 p.m. also! I usually go to bed around 10 but don't go to sleep until around 12ish. I knit or read or listen to my Ipod for a bit.

Well I finished one sock in the tofutsies yarn and am now 5 inches up the foot on the 2nd sock. I am going up the leg of my mom's first sock. I think I am using too small of needles for hers and they are really hurting my hands when I knit with them. Not sure if I should just reknit them or not. Maybe I should I don't know lol. I mean its not like I promised them to her or gave her a date of when they are going to be done. I think I will reknit them. That way I will keep my sanity and the socks wont feel so hard. I mean they felt OK at first but I keep looking at them and feeling them and thinking wow they resemble cardboard.... yet trudging along I go.

I also received my silk lace yarn in the mail and started the mystery stole. OK this is my first time knitting with lace weight yarn and I gotta tell ya its like knitting with spider silk! Except with out the stickiness and the creepy crawly bug of course. It is sooooooooooooooooooo thin and the word thin is an understatement hence the many, many o's on the so. I have knitted up to row 35 on the pattern. So far we have up to row 99. I looked at what I have and then guesstimated that by the time I am at the 99th row the shawl will be about 5 inches. LOL It looks like a mass of cobwebs. Then when I end the row I will stretch it out a little and the pattern magically appears. Oh this may take me months, even years but I am going to finish this stole. When it is done it will be my pride and joy. I may even want to knit with lace weight again but I am thinking next time I will use DK weight or fingering weight for my next lace adventure. Ok so those wont fit through a wedding ring but at least I will still be sane after I knit them.

0 comments: