CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 3, 2007

The Beach and Knitting

Well we finally made it to VA Beach. It was a great day to go too. The weather was absolutely perfect. The sun was high. The sky was blue. The ocean was well umm bluey, grey and COLD. The sand was sandy. Best of all I was hanging out with my guys. We had a great time with only one mishap. Liam decided to stand in the water for too long and the water washes the sand out from beneath your feet when you do that. It isn't so bad unless you are a balanced challenged person, such as he. He flipped backwards onto his back like he was walking on ice with a wave rolling in behind him.. I sort of freaked out because when he fell I had visions of him being swept out to sea on the next big wave. Liam got upset because I was upset. It took about 30 minutes for him to calm down. Every time I tried to say I was sorry for getting upset he would say I don't want to be around Mom. Poor thing I felt bad for making the situation worse.

We strolled along the boardwalk after that for a while taking pictures. When we came to a huge conch shell statue, his mood improved greatly. He loves conch shells probably due to Sponge Bob and his magic conch shell episode. After that, he was making his happy noises so everything was rosy.

Ok, so I did take pictures but I forgot my camera and had to use Dad's and well for some reason they didn't show up on his not so new computer. We will be going back next month so I will be taking more pictures with my own camera. I intend to take the same exact ones I took yesterday. That way I can show everyone the fun we had.

As for knitting.... I knitted in the car on the way up and back and some at my dad's while we sat and talked. I think my monkey sock is in that black hole of knitting as the Yarn Harlot mentions in her new book. I must have knitted one million stitches on that sock yesterday and it still isn't long enough to start the heal gusset! I kept trying it on and the last time I did and complained to my dearest, wise hubby. He says "Well just keep knitting and stop worrying about it" I was like HUH wow what a concept! Stop obsessing over the length of my sock. Hmmm was it possible? I put it into practice while I was knitting on the way back home. I still don't know if it's long enough BUT I did stop the obsession.

0 comments: