CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 23, 2007

My Crafty Sister

My sister sent me an email yesterday with 3 pictures of some beautiful headbands she made. My sister also likes doing things with her hands. She has always like ribbons, drawing and painting. She paints and draws really well but got out of it because she got pregnant with twins while still working. Needless to say all she wanted to do when she got home was collapse into bed and sleep. This was 4 years ago, my nieces are 3 1/2 now, and she still has her paints but has yet to pick them back up. (Oh no, she did pick them up once when they moved into their new house. She painted their mailbox with pretty wisteria. It looks like it is growing up the post and the mailbox itself.) Now she is into ribbon headbands. They are really cute and I told her she needs to try and sell some. Tree has always had a good eye for color. I have too actually. I remember once when I was looking at a dress pattern I wanted to make and it was in this awful colored fabric. My best friend, Stacy, was like ewwww that is ugly. I said yeah its the fabric. She was totally convinced that the whole dress was. I showed her the fabric I was going to make it in and she just couldn't "see" it. She even went as far to say if I wore that she would laugh her head off. I said ok, made the dress, wore it to school and wouldn't you know it she was the first one to say OOOHH Melinda where did you get that beautiful dress?? I smirked and said It's the ugly dress. For some people color comes natural and it always has for my sister and me. I always took it for granted that everyone could see the potentials of something in another color but a lot of people can't. I always see something in my mind before it is actually done. I see the way it will be, the colors that would go good, how to arrange it and what the finished product will look like. My husband is always baffled with my color choices and says oh that wont look good. Those outfits usually are the ones he gets the most comments about. Sooooo I say all of this because..... I wanted to show everyone my sisters pretty ribbon headbands.

0 comments: