CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Tilted Duster

Has anyone seen this sweater Tilted Duster? It is in the new interweave knits mag. I haven't had a chance to go pick it up yet but I am in love it. I love the button closer and the half circles on it. Quite a few other people are knitting it on Ravelry, about 7 others and I love the yarns they have chosen for it. I am thinking I will use this yarn, in the chocolate colorway. I really want to use the slate colorway but since this will be my first sweater, I don't want to use black. I need to finish my mom's sock before I order the yarn and start it. I am halfway up the cuff now mom. I should be sending it off to you next week! I finished the first one while I was visiting her and she wouldn't let me take it home with me. She wanted to keep it lol. I think she liked it. It really is a pretty sock. I will take pictures when it is done.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Get! Out! (I'm trying to emulate the way my daughter says it -- much better than the more widely used "Shut! Up!" which she is not allowed to say anyway) You must be my secret twin separated at birth! I have been obsessing about that pattern! I have a yarn in my stash that I want to make it from -- my first internet yarn order from 5 or 6 years ago that I have never used. It reminds me of coffee beans(with hints of plum). Here is a swatch of the color. It is like this but more vibrant, not so washed-out looking: http://www.araucaniayarns.com/wool/ca02.html
The color has been discontinued but I love it. There is a lot of color variegation (?) within the skein. Now I only need to lose 20 lbs. so it will look good on me!

Melinda said...

LOL Too funny. I loooooooooove this pattern and am going to make it next after I finish my sisters Christmas present.