CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 6, 2007

Secret Pal 11 Questionaire

I am participating in my first SP thingee. I have heard how fun they are and I loved doing this when I was quilting soooo here is my questionaire or for anyone else who wants to know things about me =)


1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I like wool the best. I do not like all cotton or all silk. I like them blended in with wool though.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

A plastic drawer. One for my circs and one for my straights.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I learned to knit when I was 16. My mom taught me and I tried to knit a scarf. It turned out very badly so I put the needles down for about 15 years. I was watching Knitty Gritty one day and decided I can do that! The rest is history. I would say I am a beginner/intermediate knitter. I love to knit socks and have done 4 pair now but have yet do knit a sweater.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes. There is a link to it in the sidebar.

5. What's your favorite scent?

Vanilla

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

I love chocolate or caramel or both!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I like to make beaded jewelry also and can sew.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like anything from classical to jazz to pop. Yes my stereo can play MP3's

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

Purple! I don't like yellow, orange or kelly green.Other greens are good but I don't like kelly green

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I live with my hubby and 2 sons. I have a bird.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I wear scarves hats and mittens. It gets cold here in No VA.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

SOCKS!

13. What are you knitting right now?

The mystery 3 stole. A stole for my sister in my own pattern. Socks for my mom.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Sure I would love them

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I like circular needles. Aluminum best. I do like the look of those pretty fancy wooden ones but they are a little too grabby for socks.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

No I don't own either but I really want them. I want to sell my hand dyed yarns on etsy and these would sure come in handy.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

2 months my sisters stole. It is a Christmas present.

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Tea sets or anything to do with tea sets such as cups and saucers. I also like teddy bears and have quit a few. Oh and of course YARN!

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I would love some of that socks that rock yarn. I don't have a subscription to interweave or Vogue but those are my fav mags.



21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Cables

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Yes my foot is 9 1/2 inches long. Cuff is 7 inches and width of foot is 9 1/2 inches

23. When is your birthday?

Nov. 6

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?

Yes. My ID is MelzyKnits

1 comments:

Ut Prosim said...

Hi!
This is your NY Sock Exchange Spoiler. I hope your summer is going well. There is so much going on craftwise for me, how about you? The Yarn Harlot recently visited my area, and I have become so inspired by her! Have you ever read any of her books?
Also, I do not have your email addy.