CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Airports and how to get lost in them.....

I had a great time with my mom and visiting the rest of my family. It is good to be back also. You never realize how much you miss home til you come back to it. I even missed my pillow. I layed down on it last night and was like oooooooooo my pillow!

Ok, so, I flew down to AL to see my mom with my 8 year old, autistic son, right? I am not so sure I will ever fly again. LOL First of all my son shook the whole time the plan was in the air. I mean to the point where it looked like he had some kind of shaking disease. He was terrified of the shade being open so I didn't get to look out the window much. He also wanted everyone else on the plane to shut theirs also. I had to explain that they can look out of their windows if they want to and how it was rude to ask others to close theirs. Some how he thought that if the windows were closed he wouldn't fall out. Shrug.... I guess a little tiny piece of plastic was enough to assure him that he wouldn't where a huge thick quadruple pained window didn't. Makes perfect sense, right? LOL

Second, never again will I fly into or out of Atlanta. That place is just plain craziness. Look up the word in the dictionary. I just bet the airport is listed. The place is HUGE. I mean when you have to ride a tram to get to your luggage, that means it is big. Of course I didn't get a clue when the signs said 800 meters to the baggage claim, and decided to walk the whole thing. Yeah that lasted about 20 minutes and I when I was soooo exhausted that I finally read the oh only 400 meters to walk!!! I rode the tram.

Thirdly, I hate airports. They are very confusing. I got lost in Dulles when we got back home. I walked from one end of the terminal to the other end, probably about a mile of walking and couldn't find out where baggage was. I was suppose to fly into Reagan, which I would have preferred, but that flight was canceled, so I didn't know this airport at all. I couldn't really find anyone to ask until I got to the place where you crossed over. LOL I had to walk back to the middle of the terminal, saw an Airport Security guy, walked towards him and saw bus to baggage claim. I was like ooooo. I have to take a bus! By the time I got to baggage my hubby had already gotten our bags and was waiting for us outside the doors lol. It took me 30 minutes to get there.

I was sooooo ready to get home and leave airports behind forever! Ok maybe until next time! They really should put up bigger signs, maybe with pink neon flashing lights, for people who get lost in a square room. Tee Hee.

I will be uploading pictures tomorrow of my adventures with my nieces, tomorrow!

0 comments: