CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Why I like knitting and other things....

I was reading The Yarn Harlot's new book last night (i think it's her newest) Casts Off. One of the things I read was the question people ask who aren't knitters "Why do you like to knit?". I knit because of many reasons. I knit to make pretty things for my family and myself. I knit because it is very relaxing. I knit because I can take this craft, unlike other crafts like quilting or beading, with me where ever I go. I knit because it makes me feel connected with the many knitters that have come before me, the ones who will come after me and all the knitters in between. I love the challenge it gives me every step of the pattern. I knit because it makes me happy. Those are all of the good points of knitting. I even despise it sometimes. I think sometimes ok if I have to do one more row of stockinette stitch I will scream. Sometimes I get so frustrated after having to rip something out for the 80 millionth time I want to break something. There are even times when I put a project down and don't pick it back up for weeks. I don't really like sewing seams up. I have always hated hand sewing. I despise picking up stitches. After all the bad why do I still like knitting? One sentence Stephanie wrote summed it all up for me really.... "When I get over my initial shock at their statement, I realize the truth: I don't like knitting.... I love knitting and when you love something you don't just give up on it the minute it stops being fun."

Ok now onto the Lost episode. I was soooooo pumped up for it. I was sitting waiting in anticipation and excitement for the show to come on 15 minutes before it was scheduled to. It was very disappointing. No cliff hanger ending just more questions that I am not really sure I care if they are ever answer. Then I thought oh maybe the writers are trying to get you to think about the show instead of BOOM and then it ends til next fall. I have thought and I have thought. The only conclusion I could come up with is it was LAME! I think really the only good part of the show was when Hurly comes out of the jungle in that beat up old VW bus and runs over one of the bad guys. It was a very disappointing show not very Lost like at all. I am not sure what the writers were thinking but in my opinion this is the worst episode in the history of the show.

1 comments:

Laura said...

Can you believe it? I missed Lost last night! I turned it on when Jack was sitting there getting drunk then picks up his phone and calls...Kate. OK, I had deep curiosity as to how things ended up like that.