CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Monkey Sock Progress




I have my first monkey sock half finished now. I can probably start on the heel flap after one more round of lace. I am looooooving it. The yarn I am using is from the Brown Sheep Company Cotton Fine in the colorway Wisteria. It is 80% cotton and 20% merino wool. I know they aren't machine washable but I don't really have stinky feet and I can just wash them by hand. This yarn feels sooooo soft and it has a slight sheen to it. It kind of reminds me of the cotton skeins you use for cross stitching but it has a slightly rougher feel.

I also joined a Sock of the Month club. (click to see the page) I got my first sock goodie from them yesterday! It is the Tofutsies sock yarn in the colorway #733. Hmm guess they don't have names. It is 50% Superwash wool 25% soy silk 20% Cotton and 2.5% Chitin (which it says is from shrimp). So I will dub these the shrimp socks. I wonder if people who are allergic to shrimp could wear these? The pattern that came with the yarn is called Daylily. It is a very open lacy pattern. You will see what these look like after I have started knitting them but for now here is a picture of the yarn!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I am going to post my summer knitting goals and I'll reference you. I think I may also do those pregnancy questions -- fun!

By the way, perhaps it doesn't mean much to you, but seeing my blog there on your sidebar with virtual knitting ROYALTY! Let me tell you, it MADE MY DAY!! Mwah! Love you already!

Melinda said...

Awww thank you! You are my first comment too! I love your Blog I look forward to reading it every post you do.