CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The things I did this weekend.....

I know I promised pictures but I didn't take any. I am still feeling hectic from our busy weekend. I finished one of my monkey socks and now am working on the toe of the 2nd one. I washed my first pair of socks and they are so comfy, even with the odd toes. They feel kind of squishy when you walk and spongy. I have never had wool socks and I must say I like that walking on sponge feeling you get. Kind of like the are you gelling commercials. If everyone wore hand knitted wool socks we wouldn't need those jelly things in our shoes. I am here on out a firm believer in wool socks. I know what everyone has been raving about.

Well this Saturday we went to my all time favorite store in the whole world. IKEA. I loooove this store. They have the greatest deals on furniture I have ever seen. The whole concept is that it is modular. You put pretty much everything together except of course if you are getting a sofa. You then just put the cover on it and attache the hardware. I got the neatest desk. It has a glass top and etched into the underside of it is the word love in about 10 different languages. The go in all different directions. It is really very cute and screamed Melinda take me home when I saw it. Underneath it keeping it up are 2 pine unites that hold various things. It doesn't have a lot of storage but it will make due for now. We also got a rug in different shades of blue for the office. It practically covers the whole floor and it was only 50 dollars. I got 4 curtains for the front room. They aren't in the color I wanted but they cover the window and that's what I wanted for right now. I got tired of feeling so naked without anything across them. I also got 4 pillow covers 2 red linen ones and 2 orange and white canvas ones to go in my living room. I had the pillows from the other couches but they are ugly brown and needed to be covered. Oh and I got the cutest tote that holds a knitting project perfectly. It has a pocket in the front that will hold a magazine. I have been looking for a tote for my knitting for a few weeks now and I couldn't find anything I liked that wasn't too expensive. I didn't want a knitting bag that said hey I am a knitter. Not that there is anything wrong with that but I just don't like the look of knitting needles stuck into weird slots all around the outside of your purse. I like everything tucked neatly away from view and also harm or the elements. This bag is the perfect size and it was only 4 bucks! Have I said that I like IKEA? It is an awesome store.

Well that is all for today. I will post some pictures of everything when it is sunny outside. I have new yarn to post too.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm with ya on the IKEA thing. I LOVE IKEA! Hey, they should sell bumper stickers! I think I may have posted about Ikea not too long ago...so glad to see your 7 random facts too. No wonder I loved you right away! I could see Jesus in you!

Melinda said...

Yeah I liked you too when I read your blog. I have been listening to pod casts and reading blogs and feel like I have so many friends now. I have been praying for friends for a while. I lost touch with a lot of them in the past and wanted some to hang out with and God has been filling that hole with podcasts and blogs. I feel like a part of everyone's life. =D