CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 15, 2007

OTN

Right now I am knitting my Bella sweater.


Yarn: Knit Picks Shine Worsted
Colorway: Terra Cotta and
Needles: US 5 and 4
Size: 38 1/2

I love this yarn but I have noticed it gets a bit heavy after I get about 5 inches of the sweater done. I am having to knit it on straight needles, which I don't really like, because my Knit Picks options are metal and they were just too slippery for this yarn. My hands were starting to hurt and I figured out it was because I was physically trying to keep the loops up on the needle while trying to also keep it from sliding completely off the needles. So I switched to some generic size 5's I had laying around. I now know that I have to buy a set of wooden needle points too in case the yarn is too slippery on the metal ones.


All that to say, when this project gets too heavy for me I switch to a pair of socks. Love these socks btw. I think they are my best ever.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hey Melinda!
It's Laura, your NYSE pal! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I got everything yesterday evening in the mail! The socks fit like a dream and are so squishy-comfy!
ALSO, thank you, thank you, thank you...my covet has been satisfied with that awesome Hot Dog On a Stick yarn! You just made a chilly displaced west coast girl happy with her memories of warm summer and lemonade!

THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!
Laura :)

Melinda said...

Yay I am glad they fit! It was hard to judge if they would or not without exact measurements. I am happy you like them and glad you like your Hot Dog yarn. It looks fun to knit with....