CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Getting old and a couple of books...

I don't know what it is with a lot of elderly people but why do they have to talk about their health? I mean it's ok if like you are asking for someone to pray for you but when ALL you talk about is what hurts and what doesn't it gets a little annoying. I get a little annoyed cause I have no clue what to say. I also feel bad cause I am in such a good mood and exercises everyday so I won't grow old and have aches and pains. I love older people don't get me wrong and there are a lot that I know that don't talk about how bad their arthritis hurts but some I just don't like and I really feel bad cause I don't like them. My Grandpa's new wife is like this. She has really bad health problems and I happen to get in the room alone with her all she talks about is her surgery. I don't even want to think about surgery let a lone know what all is entailed in having heart surgery. The thing is the lady is really sweet but I just don't want to be a lone with her. One thing is for sure if I grow old and all I talk about is how sick I am then someone better slap me out of it. I don't want to leave this life with every young person avoiding me cause I talk about things that make them feel badly.......

I got a new knitting book this week Charmed Knits. They are patterns based on the Harry Potter movies. I am going to make Liam the Ron sweater with and L on the front instead of a R. He will like that. He loves to see his name on things. He's at that age. LOL Liam just tried to come into the house with a dead bird. SIGH boys are so gross.

Now onto vacuums. I bought one about 10 years ago it cost me over 200 bucks. I bought it at Sears they said we carry the filter so I wouldn't have to worry about it when I replaced it. A year later I went back to the store to buy a new filter. Oh no we discontinued that vacuum. So I bought a 50 dollar Eureka. Fast forward 5 years. I buy a Hoover. I love this vacuum. I need to buy a new filter 6 months into owning it. Can't find the filter anywhere even on the Hoover website. Sigh that's it I am done paying for electronics for 200 + bucks just to have them break after 6 months. I will just pay 50 for something that will last a couple years. So tired of shoddy workmanship now a days.

0 comments: