CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 1, 2007

Zoo Adventures

Saturday, September 29, 2007 promised to be a great day to be out and about. My hubby, youngest son and I decided to take a trip to the D.C. Zoo. We hadn't been yet this year because the spring was just so cold and you don't go to D.C. in the summer (too many tourists). We got our snacks and everything ready and off we went. We wanted to ride the Metro into the city because the last time we tried to find a parking space it took 2 hours (yeah lets not talk about that one), plus Liam loves riding "the choo-choo train" to the zoo. Everything was great until we got to the Main station to hop on the red line. There were a lot of people hanging around and I was like wow lots of people here is unsual for a Sat morning. My hubby said one of the tracks wasn't working and red is the main line. This didn't really click in my head at first. 45 minutes later of waiting for a train to come that was going the direction we wanted to go I was like great we are FINALLY out of here..... Soooo wrong. The train that was finally going our way started smoking so they closed the whole thing down. When I heard this I said lets get out of here... Well shouted... and ran up the nearest escalader. When I got to the top I turned around to see where my hubby and Liam where and I saw this....

I have never seen so many people standing in the metro at once. It was incredible. Next we decided to hop on a bus. We were totally confused as to which one to take but finally, after asking a bus driver, and a patron standing next to us, we got a vague sense of which one to get on. After a nice tour of D.C. we got off the bus and stood waiting for another that would take us close to the zoo. And we waited.... and waited.... oh and waited some more. After 30 minutes of waiting we took off walking. It was a mere 10 city blocks to the zoo. Well we didn't think mere really we actually thought the bus would come along and pick us up so we wouldn't have to walk to whole way. Well 2 blocks from the zoo we finally saw an L bus. but it was already too late we were past the last stop.

We arrived at the zoo 3 hours after getting to the city (snicker) and were so tired from our ordeal that we had to sit for a while before we could even see anything..... but oh the sights we saw. Best day at the zoo ever I would say.......

0 comments: